|Mobile Phone No.: 0915.201.5308
eMail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Address: M5 Linao Compound, Purok Tundan, Basak, Mandaue City 6014, CEBU, Philippines
||I would like to become part of your team because I know I can contribute to the growth of your company. I have the skills as well as talents and experience that will help me meet the qualifications of the job. I am a go-getter with excellent oral and written English communication skills. My positive attitude, my ability to deal well with people (both local and foreign) and my love for life are also strengths that will help me do my duties for the improvement of your organization.
December 2015 – March 2017 Kryptonite Digital Limited Bigfoot Mactan
EA to the CEO / Project Coordination/Management
- Initially worked as Executive Assistant to the CEO. After a couple of months, worked Project Coordination/Management using Agile software development principles.
- Made proposals and contract agreements for clients.
- Supervised project development until completion and delivery.
- Fostered close relationships with foreign clients through email, Skype, and phone.
- Coordinated with the teams to ensure that concerns were brought to the attention of the proper persons in authority and provided with solutions.
- Helped in the day-to-day operations.
- Conducted aesthetic/design QA of website works.
- Wrote copy for websites as well as proofread or edited articles for clients.
February 2013 – October 2015 Universal Tech, Inc./ExploreTalent.com Crown 7, Mabolo, Cebu City
Senior Content Editor/Content Development Lead
- Supervised the team by editing and proofreading articles for posting on the various websites of the company.
- Saw to it that each team member reached their KPIs, evaluated their performance, and provided feedback on their work.
- Wrote authority articles for the site as well as new online updates to ensure websites had fresh content in line with current online trends.
- Made sure the right images are found/made for the articles. Helped in editing images when necessary using basic Adobe Photoshop functions.
- Assisted in the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts of the whole SEO team.
- Ensured that the entire content team was working at achieving its goal, which was to provide the most relevant and high quality content that will help increase the traffic and exposure of ExploreTalent.com, the main website of the company.
February 2010 – July 26, 2013 Omnific Design Cebu City Office
Web Content Writer/Team Lead
- Wrote articles for the websites and blog sites of Omnific Design, an Australian-based graphic and web design company as well as of client sites, when needed.
- Marketed Omnific Design through social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Conducted link building strategies including article marketing, guest blog posting and blog commenting, among others.
- Helped in other Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies not only of Omnific Design, but also of client sites.
- Proofread content of web pages for both Omnific Design and client sites.
February 2007 – present
Freelance Web Content Writer/Copywriter/Offsite SEO Specialist/SMM Specialist
- Writes various articles for different websites and blog sites. The topics I usually write range from lifestyle to real estate, from marketing to travel, from health and fitness to surgery, among others.
- Helps market sites through Facebook and Twitter.
- Applies SEO strategies such as proper use of keywords in content and link building through white hat techniques (guest blogging, blog commenting, etc.).
||August 2002 – July 2006 Cebu Daily News NRA, Cebu City
News Correspondent/Reporter/Editorial Assistant
- In 2002, only wrote stories that I also covered for RPN.
- Starting July 2003, became an in-house correspondent and was assigned to cover mainly the metro beat (Mandaue and Lapu-lapu cities only).
- Covered other assignments when there were no available reporters.
- Made my first headline a month after I became an in-house correspondent. My story on MCIAA’s possible closure then was named best in enterprise story for August 2003. After, wrote several headlines that were or not connected to my beat.
- In September 2004, became a regular reporter and was assigned to cover the Cebu City hall beat. Did one to four-page features and special reports. My special report on dengue, which included comprehensive data about the disease as well as where and how to get blood in case of transfusion, earned me the paper’s award for “Best in Feature Writing” in 2004.
- In July 2005, became editorial assistant where I focused on doing feature stories and special reports. Did research work and proofread the community page before it was sent for printing.
Sept 2000 – May 2003 RPN 9 Maguikay, Mandaue City
News Reporter (talent)
- Covered general assignments at first, but later concentrated on Regional, Capitol and Justice beats.
- Took part in several productions like full coverage of elections, Sinulog coverage and public-oriented programs.
- Reported for national news and programs every week.
|| 1995–1997 Southwestern University
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education
(Undergraduate – was not able to finish my studies because of financial problems. My aunties, who were paying for my tuition, begged off due to their own financial hardships.)
1994-1995 Cebu Doctor’s College
Bachelor of Science in Biology
(Did not proceed because of financial problems. My grandmother, who wanted me to become a doctor and who paid for my studies, died.)
1990-1994 St. Joseph’s Academy (secondary)
1983-1990 St. Joseph’s Academy (primary)
|Skills and Interests
||creative writing (poetry, short stories, currently working on a book); news and feature writing; web content/SEO writing; sketching, drawing, and painting; PR writing; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Presentation; experienced in Offline Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing; knowledgeable in the use of Basecamp and Trello; have basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop; and, understands the basics of SCRUM and Agile software development principles
||Ms. Amanda Kralj – Business Professional/Former CEO – Kryptonite Digital Limited – email@example.com
Mr. Richard Rayles – Former Operations Director – Kryptonite Digital Limited – mobile no. 0917 772 5363
Mr. Dave McVeigh – Former Creative Director/Partner – Kryptonite Digital Limited – mobile no. 0917 300 0266
Mr. Eric Guillermo – Former SEO Manager/Projects Manager – Kryptonite Digital Limited – mobile no. 0919 999 7424
Mr. Travis Page – CEO – Social Media Solutions PH – mobile no. 0932 733 4699 (Former Content Marketing Manager – Universal Tech, Inc.)
Mr. Ruben Licera – Managing Director – RLComm International – mobile no. 0998 456 7555 (Former SEO Manager – Universal Tech, Inc.)
Mr. Wes Towers – Owner – Omnific Design – mobile no. +61 410 499 322
Ms. Eileen Mangubat – Publisher – Cebu Daily News – tel. no. 2327618
Ms. Fides Palicte – Acting Station Manager – RPN 9 – tel. no. (032) 346 3848